You need to show us three documents including valid photo ID and proof of address.
The easiest combination is:
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driving Licence photocard
- Proof of current address, e.g.
- bank statement (dated within last 3 months)
- utility bill (dated within last 3 months)
- council tax bill (dated within last 12 months)
There are lots of other documents you can show us if you don't have these - have a look on the DBS website for the full list.
Do get in touch if you'd like to double check you've got the right documents - it will only take a minute. Email email@example.com.
Keep in mind...
- We must see the original documents.
- We can't accept copies, PDFs, or printouts of online bills or statements. Find out what to do if your bills and accounts are paperless.
- We must see an official bill or statement for your proof of address.
- We can also see a bank account opening letter, but other letters are not accepted - get in touch if you are unsure.
- You must still do a document check with GoodGym if you already have a valid DBS.
- Unfortunately our provider does not support the DBS update service. If you've had a DBS check recently, this is likely to speed up your application.